Monday, 17 August 2026

One Track Summer #17: Cliff's Girlfriend


Cheers is probably my all time favourite sitcom, and the annoying, know-it-all postman Cliff Clavin, played by John Ratzenberger, is one of my favourite characters.

If you ever watched Cheers, you may remember that Cliff had a recurring on-again, off-again romance with a fellow postal worker,  Margaret "Maggie" O'Keefe. Well, I just discovered that the actress who played Maggie was actually Annie Golden, lead singer of New York new wave band The Shirts. 


(That's a great album cover.)

Here's Annie / Maggie a few years before she met Cliff...



3 comments:

  1. She was a lot chirpier before she started hanging out with Cliff, but I can understand that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Cheers. Saw it first time around and a couple of mammoth rewatches since (every episode, all 275 of them) on DVD. Followed by Frasier (ditto revisiting every one on DVD) and the rebooted Frasier from a couple of years ago.
    Interestingly, Frasier wasn’t the first, or even the second, Cheers spin-off. Though I guess you already knew that.

    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was there one about Carla's family / ex? I could google it, but I can't think of any others.

      Delete