Friday, 25 September 2026

Snapshots Spillover - Even More Magazines


Final batch of these, because frankly I've wasted more than enough time browsing the newsagents' shelves this week.

I was a regularly subscriber to Empire Magazine in the 90s, but I fell out of love with them when they gave 5 stars to The Phantom Menace. I think I'd sold my Empire collection (or binned it) by the time Attack of the Clones came out.

Kasabian - Empire

I always feel guilty for not buying The Big Issue, but on the occasions I have forked out for it, I've never found it a particularly interesting read.


Chumbawamba - The Big Issue


Reader's Digest always reminds me of doctor's surgeries in the 80s. And my Mum's boxset of country LPs...

Larry Norman - Reader’s Digest

That's a great tune. Not sure where I got it from.

Here are a few more...

And Why Not? - The Face

John Lennon – God Save Oz

Marc Almond - Variety (almost)

World Party - Vanity Fair

John Martyn - Look In

Coleman Hawkins - Esquire Bounce

Bruce Ruffin - Mad About You

Manic Street Preachers - Spectators of Suicide

We close today though with a band named after a magazine..


...and when you take a look down their discography, it's amazing how many of their songs could well be (or feature) magazine titles. New Life. Master And Servant. Stripped. Strangelove. Personal Jesus. People Are People. In Your Room. That's like a whole magazine rack right there. Not to mention...



No comments:

Post a Comment