Saturday, 22 August 2026

Saturday Snapshots #462


It's Saturday morning - time to put your other affairs on hold and make room for a bit of Snapshotting.

Who are these people and how are their songs connected?


15. Cromwell flattened them.

14. Sweet transvestite.

13. I'll give you half a dozen to sweeten the deal, fella.

12. Found inside the Eiffel Tower.

11. The rooster raced away from Duane and Floyd.

10. Disrupting the proton laws.

9. Playing bass in That Irish Band makes him very happy.

8. Milk, sugar, cornflour.

7. Is that the best that you can do, Faith and Ant?

6. Small erasers.

5. Card-carrying and paid up.

4. She has a Clown... and keeps in with Mr. Brown (for his money).

3. Moving Number 10 from London to Manchester might cause this...

2. Angelic boss is also loaded.

1. JFK commission unmasks German Numero Uno. 

Answers tomorrow morning!


43 comments:

  1. 6. Rubettes. Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13. Sixto Rodriguez (or just Rodriguez to his friends)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I thought about that but couldn't see where Zevon would fit in

      Delete
  4. An early punt.... conurbations?! E.g. suburbs, suburbia, town...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've used the word conurbations correctly but you know what I mean!

      Delete
    2. Possibly but we had one on that general topic fairly recently

      Delete
  5. Struggling this morning as on my tiny phone - I’m puppy-sitting again! Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7. is Adam something but no idea who

    ReplyDelete
  7. Songs with famous people in the title (Boom Boom Mancini, Janis Joplin, Charles Atlas etc)

    OR

    Euphemisms for impending death (My Ride's Here, Feel Like Going Home)

    OR

    Outside chance - songs about the impending death of famous people

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the link birds?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it songs about being inside? Behind Closed Doors, Gimme Shelter, Inside Outside etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're getting closer, Alyson... but that's not the link and only one of those songs is correct.

      Delete
  10. I'll have to leave you to it - things to see, people to do. I'm sure one of you clever folks will get it before I return.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it elements of a house - kitchen, ceilings, yards etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but not rooms (so not kitchen). Other than that, you're exactly right. Well done!

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to seeing all the answers - Alyson

      Delete
    3. Well done, Alyson! I would never have got close to that one. Toughie.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...