Hopefully there's nothing Gettin' In The Way of you enjoy this week's Snapshots. Stop Daydreamin' and start working out who these people are... and how their songs might be connected.
15. Taxi for Ms. Leandros!
14. How you get to being in love.
13. Diminished Ashcroft.
12. A rakish lass gets confused.
11. Mingled with bartender snot.
10. Decidedly average.
9. Madonna, Tiger, Pink Pixie, African Queen.
8. I'm Rhino Syrup!
7. Wyreless.
6. When Burgess met Mel.
5. Agraite mausoleum.
4. Between All and One, what Romans call home.
3. Bobby, sounds like custard and Mellow.
2. LSD Eeyore got really messed up.
1. Eccles girl meets Trini.
Answers tomorrow morning.
















13. Little Richard
ReplyDelete1. Jennifer Lopez
ReplyDelete7. Raydio
ReplyDelete1 Jennifer Lopez
ReplyDelete12.Shikira
ReplyDelete14 The Fall
ReplyDelete12 Shakira
10. Middle of the Road
ReplyDelete10 Middle Of The Road
ReplyDelete11 Brett Anderson
ReplyDelete5. Taj Mahal
ReplyDelete6. Meredith Brooks
ReplyDelete15. The clue cries out Vicky Carr? Will have to google the name.
ReplyDeleteVikki Carr!
DeleteIs the link happy?
ReplyDeleteNo.
Delete15. Vikki Carr
ReplyDelete2. Lee Dorsey
ReplyDelete8. Roisin Murphy anagram. But I am now singing "I'm Rhino Syrup" to the tune of "I'm Every Woman"
ReplyDeleteAh couldn't work that one out!
DeleteIs it nonsense couplings in the titles - like Cheep Cheep, Woo Woo, Tomi Tomi?
ReplyDeleteNo.
Deleteoh - thought you had it there?
DeleteNames beginning with J?
ReplyDeleteNo.
DeleteIs it characters from kids rhymes and books - Jack and Jill, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Long Tall Sally...?
ReplyDeleteNo.
Delete#3 The second from the left looks like Gene Parsons who was in the Byrds but I can't see how you would get the Byrds from the clue
ReplyDeleteYou don't remember Bird's and Mellow Custard?
DeleteYou didn't have custard as a child?
DeleteAnd Bobby Bird?
DeleteMellow Birds coffee. Bird's custard powder.
Of course! But to respond to the incredulity from C and Alyson, I was forced to have custard as a child but growing up in South Africa the local brand was Moir's. I have avoided the stuff like the plague as an adult but do occasionally by Bird's custard powder for a Greek friend who took a liking to it when she lived here.
DeleteAh thanks for clarifiying that for me too, Rol - I was conflating my custard and coffee but I knew there were mellow birds in there somewhere!
DeleteLove it, but don't love the idea of conflated custard and coffee!
DeleteIt'd make for very lumpy coffee! But I loved helping my mum mix custard powder with the sugar and a little bit of milk and having a taste of it - so intense! - before you added the rest of the milk and heated it up. A similar treat to the licking-the-spoon stage of making a cake!
Delete4 Bar Italia
ReplyDeleteI've go to go but I'm confident will solve it.
ReplyDeleteYou're a busy man on a Saturday morning Ernie.
DeleteBlofeld doesn't take Saturdays off; how can Ernie?
DeleteNeed to get all my chores done before the area gets flooded by thousands of people coming to the festival in the park just up the road.
DeleteIs the link connected to Lewis Carroll?
ReplyDeleteNo.
DeleteI keep coming back to C's coupling of words. There are a lot of songs amongst these with repeated words in the title - Turn Turn Turn, Soley Soley, Work Work Work etc. Are we close or is it something else entirely?
ReplyDeleteSomething else entirely.
DeleteThere's one artist in there who offers a really big clue as they're only really known for one song...
Then I'm thinking of Meredith Brooks and Bitch.... so is it female animals? Shakira had She Wolf...
DeleteYes C - there are a few "cow" songs too.
Deleteand a Chestnut Mare
DeleteOoh and Chestnut Mare, Holy Cow....
DeleteC is the Queen Bee this week.
DeleteDifferent forms of carbon?
ReplyDeleteHaha, we're thinking the same at the same time Alyson!
ReplyDeleteNot at all - you got it, I was just picking out other songs that fitted your answer. Well done.
DeleteWell done. I should have placed my confidence in C. After all, 'confidence' begins with C.
ReplyDelete