For our annual Boys' Only Holiday this year, Sam and I visited the West Midlands, spending a lot of time in Dudley, which had more to offer than just the brush fire that got us kicked out of our hotel.
Dudley Castle & Zoo was much more impressive than I'd expected - to be fair, I thought it would be a castle with a few animals outside, but actually the zoo offered a greater range of wildlife than anywhere this side of Chester - lions, tigers, giraffes, wolverines, monkeys... and Sam's favourite, the snow leopards.
I always visit zoos with a heavy heart. I understand the conservation and protection of endangered species, and I've no doubt that they do good work in that regard... but it always makes me sad to see wild animals caged, or away from their natural home.
The Jesus Lizard - Then Comes Dudley






You don't fool us. Those interiors of the "museum" were taken in your living room.
ReplyDeletePart of me wishes that was true.
DeleteLove that "living room"! And, I have to ask - what was that record on Decca on the Dansette?
ReplyDeleteKathy Kirby - You Have To Want To Touch Him
Delete