Monday, 21 September 2026

Snapshots Spillover - More Mags (For Ladies Only)


Here are some more songs named after magazines.

Today... some magazines for Ladies. Let's start with something for anyone who wants to make a 3-seater sofa for under £30 this weekend...



The Danse Society - Woman's Own


Big Country - Bella

OK, let's get a bit more up-market...

Blueboy - Elle

alt-J - Ms.

And let's not forget these guys...

Harper's Bizarre - 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)

Now if you're getting on a bit, you might prefer...

Magna Carter - People's Friend 

But for younger ladies...

Paul Revere & The Raiders - Just Seventeen

And 3 ½ p was never better spent...



More of this nonsense on Wednesday. It's Magazine Week on this silly old blog...





2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Alyson will appreciate the inclusion of Jackie. I happen to know she owns a Jackie themed compilation CD of 1970s pop hits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I have never bought a single one of those magazines. Except Jackie, of course, we all had Jackie! Life wasn't complete without Cathy and Claire's problem page.
    Still, I know what I'm going to be doing next weekend now - building a 3-seater sofa for under £30 of course!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...