Saturday 25 November 2017

Saturday Snapshots #10



You are about to enter another dimension... a dimension not only of sight and sound but of snapshots.

Solve the clues to reveal ten great tunes.


10. Dancing with a young Tom Hanks; goes well with French cream... and arsenic!


9. Pidgin Creole, getting better with Barrett.


8. Pygmalion on acid, queen of the exploding stars.


7. Paradise gets down: it'll all be over soon.


6. The Great Bear Detective & The Case of the Finnish Goth Pronoun.


5. Put the needle on the record, Mary!

4. Unicycle thieves get stck.


3.  Generic pressure.


2. Baby goats wear a short-sleeved shirt while visiting the studio of the lion.


1. Freddie and a short vicar watch a film without Batman.


Answers once I get a spare second!


21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5. Get into the groove by Madonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricky this week Rol
    Number 3 The Band - The Weight

    ReplyDelete
  4. #8 is tricky. Guessing the song has supernova in the title (exploding stars), and Pygmalion could be a reference to George Bernard Shaw/Doolittle/My Fair Lady. Perhaps the singer is Eliza Doolittle? Need some help from other commenters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Oops yes of course I do - We all have a habit of doing this don't we! By the way sometimes I get the answer from the picture but this was purely down to the excellent clues as I don't think I've ever seen a pic of him. Was a revelation and not what I expected at all!

      Delete
  6. #6 is my old friend Rupert Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  7. The No.1 photo is of Mercury Rev, I'm stumped for the tune though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that pic of Madonna in No. 5. Yes, of course, Get Into The Groove as suggested by Chris.
    As for the rest and those as yet unnamed/unconfirmed... hmmm! I'm just about to go out for slap-up anniversary lunch so when I come back later all tipsy I may be inspired...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No. 9 - The Beginning Of The End?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was busy today and only just got here but I guessed Big Bopper "Chantilly Lace" and Stealer's Wheel "Stuck In The Middle With you", The Band "The Weight" and Funky Nassau "The Beginning of the End" BEFORE I saw all the answers below. Those 4 are more in my musical knowledge age range. Can I expect any points? (insert hopeful smiley face here).

    ReplyDelete
  11. #9 is Broken English - Comin’ On Strong. Purely from the clues this time. Pidgin and Creole both a kind of language but pidgin usually broken English. Barrett Strong.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...