Thursday 16 April 2020

Mid-Life Crisis Songs #49: Old Hat



C's recent hat posts have been a welcome respite to our coronavirus concerns and have inspired a few other bloggers to share their own old hat pics. I've kept claiming that I didn't have any old hat pictures because a) my head is too big and b) some other reasons I'm not quite sure I remember.

Then I remembered the two pictures above, which both come from charity "dress up like an idiot" days held in my former workplace, around 12-15 years ago. In the first, I'm Zorro (don't ask, it was all they had left in the costume shop that we had a contra deal with); in the second an extremely half-arsed Indiana Jones. I've cut the pictures down to remove colleagues and too much identification of the workplace, even though those offices are long gone. (I found some pictures of my old desk which were particularly nostalgic... maybe they'll be worth a post of their own one day soon.)

Not much hope of searching my music library for hat songs, I'm afraid, since typing those three letters into the music player also brings up what, that and hate song titles. So here's a rather obvious tune... albeit not the most obvious version.




10 comments:

  1. "The only thing I ever got from you was Zorro."

    I'll get my cape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charity dress up like an idiot day - inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, brilliant, Rol. Lovely to see you... and loving John's comment too. I'm imagining some scenes like the Comic Relief fund-rasiser day in 'The Office' now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like that, minus the humour.

      Delete
    2. Oh and meant to say - you don't look like Jed Clampett!

      Delete
    3. No, Jed was more dapper.

      Delete
  4. Missed this yesterday but what a great set of pictures. More to add to the Bippity Boppity McHatface (virtual) gallery. Just the distraction we need at the moment.

    John’s comment very funny too. More hats please.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...