Tuesday 2 August 2022

2022 Contenders: The Boys With The Perpetual Nervousness


Jangly guitars?

Check.

Lush harmonies?

Check.

A huge debt to The Byrds... via Teenage Fanclub?

Checkity check.

I reckon The Boys With The Perpetual Nervousness will tick quite a few boxes for quite a few of you guys. They had me with the band name... which, as I'm sure Brian will tell you, is taken from a song by The Feelies

The Boys With The Perpetual Nervousness are two blokes: one from Madrid, one from Edinburgh. I'm not sure how they got together, but I'm glad they did. 

The track below is one of the first fruits from their third album, released in September. In the meantime, you can catch up with their earlier work over at bandcamp.



4 comments:

  1. Big favourites of Brian
    The Scottish contingent Andrew Taylor, is also the main man in Dropkick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting the days until the new one comes out. Andrew will never let you down. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it's thanks to Brian and CC that I found Dropkick and by extension these guys. Dropkick in particular have a huge back catalogue of albums going back to 2001,crammed to the gills with classic songwriting and equally superb performances. It still boggles my mind that I've managed to miss them all these years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...