Friday 9 September 2022

Neverending Top Ten #5.4: Nine


Sam is nine today.

Happy birthday, buddy.

Always try to be better than your old man and you'll stay on the right track.

For the rest of you... this is Sam's favourite record at the moment. I did not introduce him to this one.

Apparently Rick Astley is amazing if you're nine years old. He is da man. 

Who knew?

I hated this when it came out. I've developed a grudging respect for Rick over the years, especially when he did that gig of Smiths songs. But Sam has made me hear the song in a completely different way. It's doubly affecting now. In years to come, it will remind me of being 15, and of being 50. How many songs can you say that about?



6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Sam.Have a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I the only one thinking Sam has better taste than his Dad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to the wee man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, a very happy birthday to Sam. By all accounts, Rick Astley is a very nice chappie too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Sam - nine already!

    Rick is a legend and I have very fond memories of his song. Glad he’s still rolling.

    Alyson

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...