I did actually consider packing Snapshots in a couple of weeks back - or at least putting it on hold or reducing its frequency. But then I got over it.
Here's some more Top Gear for you all then. Take a Grand Tour of the folk below and see if you can work out what might connect their tunes...
15. Could you Be Ethel Snout?
14. Black Sparrow atop Girl In Ring.
13. No doubt she had a Woody.
12. Sounds like I’m asking my Mum if I should do something.
11. This whole world’s… and weird on top.
10. Found confused in a Belfast salon.
9. They could have been big, as usual, but it was risky.
8. A key ingredient of ambrosia.
7. Today, we will have a slideshow of mist rolling in from
the sea, followed by tea and cakes.
6. Fate’s anklebiter.
5. Cupid & Eros.
4. Protect your chips.
3. All kinds of dizzy.
2. Kinky Plastic Ape and Traffic Paper.
1. It’s Sneers Week… don’t scoff.

8. Bros
ReplyDelete1. New Seekers
ReplyDeleteSHE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete3 Dana Gillespie
ReplyDelete6. Destiny's Child
ReplyDelete4. Flock of Seagulls
ReplyDelete14. Jackson Browne? But don't get the clue.
ReplyDeleteJack Black and Brown Girl In A Ring, not sure about the middle bit
DeleteBlack and Sparrow are Jacks on Brown.
Delete13 Gwen Guthrie
ReplyDelete10. Fontella Bass
ReplyDelete7 Mull Historical Society
ReplyDelete12. Shalamar
ReplyDelete5. Valentine Brothers
Taking the Valentines, Gwen and the New Seekers together is it something to do with facing financial difficulties?
Paid in full.
DeleteAnd welcome back, Alyson.
DeleteThanks Rol. I had just come to the conclusion it must be something to do with money issues, but Ernie beat me to it, as usual! Well done Ernie.
DeleteYou're just a little rusty. I'm sure you'll thrashing us all next week
DeleteIs 15 an anagram of The Bluetones? Stumped on the others
ReplyDelete"I did actually consider packing Snapshots" I hope there are no similar thoughts for Bands With The Same Name
ReplyDeleteIt was on the same agenda... but you actually helped me by suggesting a way to keep the workload down.
DeleteSS and NS are safe for the time being. The rest of the blog might be a little sparse for a while though.
SS in particular is important for our collective mental wellbeing. So while I understand you may need to make swingeing cuts given all your other commitments please protect the welfare budget.
DeletePlease don’t rag it in. Although I don’t always compete (8:30 on a Saturday is not always doable for me) I always check in to see which out of focus, sepia shot band/artist had a tenuously linked song to another out of focus, sepia shot artist.
ReplyDeleteJM
It must be hard work to produce each week, but please know how much we enjoy the Saturday morning brain strain 😊
ReplyDeleteThanks, Belinda. I enjoy it, but time is short at the moment.
Delete