Sunday 2 June 2019

Saturday Snapshots #86 - The Answers


I never meant to cause you any sorrow
I never meant to cause you any pain
I only wanted to one time to see you laughing
And solving Snapshots in the purple rain.

Blimey - working out the scores from yesterday's quiz took a bit of work. I had to take my shoes and socks off. Lots of half marks flying around too, but as I write this it looks like a draw between Alyson and Rigid Digit... although nobody's solved #9 yet, so that could change.

Anyway, here are the answers...


10. My latest car has no gearstick and runs on flower power... but it wins the race and holds the secret to getting me a better job.


I loved the suggestion for this, from Happy Mondays to U2... I'd love to know how the clues led you to those guys. Bit obscure, but somebody gave me this song on a mixtape about 20-odd years ago and it's been a favourite ever since...

New Faster Automatic Daffodils - It's Not What You Know, It's Who You Know

9. The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one... but Superman's still getting ready, just in case.


The one that nobody's got as I type this, but the clues were pretty obvious if you know the band.

Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly - War of the Worlds

8. Campaigners get horny and homeless.


The Crusaders + Randy, living on the streets.

The Crusaders & Randy Crawford - Streetlife

Full 10 minute version with the sax intro: lovely.

7. Carter is insane.



Madness - Michael Caine

6. Adore + C - A = radio flyer.


Take A from Adore and you're left with Dore. Add Charlie (C from the phonetic alphabet).

Charlie Dore - Pilot of the Airwaves

5. Oystercatchers get up very early to play around.


Oystercatchers are the same as Pearlfishers, surely?

Larking around early in the morning?

The Pearlfishers - Up With The Larks

Sublime. I knew Charity Chic would get this one.

4. Frank smokes a joint with Strangers in the Night, headphones on.


In Strangers In The Night, Frank memorably sang "doobie doobie doo", which wasn't anything to do with drugs but might have inspired a ghost-hunting pooch.

The Doobie Brothers - Listen To The Music

3. Not Robert, not Level 42... sounds like a man though...


Not Robert Palmer, but Amanda sounds a bit like "a man though".

Level 42 sang Running In The Family, and it's not them either.

Good deduction from Alyson & C.

Amanda Palmer - Runs In The Family

2. David Koresh vs. Satan.


David Koresh led a cult.

Satan is a little devil.

The Cult - Lil' Devil

1. Duck learns to pick a pocket or two on the red eye.


Donald Duck.

Fagen picked a pocket or two.

The red eye is an overnight flight.

What an album this is!



U Got The Look of someone who'll be back here next Saturday for more.

1 comment:

  1. You know, the name Get Cape Wear Cape Fly came into my head after seeing your Superman clue and I just dismissed it. I thought GCWCF was a group, not an individual, and I thought the person pictured was a woman, not a man :-/ I'll get my coat (cape)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...