Friday 5 June 2020

2020 Contenders: One For Us Ugly Dudes


I got my copy of the new Luke Haines album as lockdown was beginning, but it got buried under a pile of paperwork on my desk and I only just got round to listening to it. At this stage in his career, Haines isn't going to convert many new followers. Those of who who love him (like me and JC) will buy and enjoy his work whatever he does (although I did draw the line that time he trademarked a tone frequency and made a whole concept album out of it).

That said, maybe he will win a few new fans with this record, as... somehow (I'm sure there are articles online explaining how & why: I don't have time to read them) he's managed to rope in former REM guitarist Peter Buck to play alongside him here. Which is nice.

Look, it's a Friday, it's been a very long week, if you don't care for Luke Haines you stopped reading this at the first line... so here's my favourite tune from the album so far. Let's just say this one struck a chord...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...