Monday 13 July 2020

2020 (?) Contenders: I Don't Know How But They've Found Me!


I'm always a little wary about featuring new bands here, since most of the time I have no idea how well known they already are, since I rarely read any music press these days and hear very little 6Music, apart from RadMac and Guy Garvey.

Anyway, I stumbled across this lot last night and spent a pleasant enough half hour down a youtube rabbit hole watching a selection of their videos. They're called I Don't Know How But They've Found Me, which is either a terrible band name or a genius (I'm edging towards the latter... it's a quote from Back To The Future, so extra points for that). Apparently it's OK to call them IDKHow to save your typing fingers. They're from Salt Lake City and haven't released an album yet, just a clutch of singles and an EP in 2017/8/9. Nothing this year as far as I can see, hence the question mark in the post title, but I'm hoping to hear more from them soon.

ISKHow describe themselves as "...a band out of time. One who faded away into obscurity after struggling to find success in the late 70's and early 80's," and list among their influences Bolan, Costello, Bowie, Oingo Bongo, The Ink Spots and Joe Jackson.

They make some fun videos too...




1 comment:

  1. Great fun. A lot of imaginative ideas going on musically and visually. Never previously heard of them, but I doubt I'll forget their name.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...