Sunday 12 July 2020

Saturday Snapshots #144 - The Answers


It's time for this week's answers... how'd you like them apples?


10. Scarper! They're coming for your chips!


That haircut was too easy.

Seagulls steal your chips.

A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran

9. Infinite lost boy.


Corey Haim was a Lost Boy.

Haim - Forever

8. Healthy pussycat mixed up with inn machinery.


"Inn machinery" is an anagram.

A healthy pussycat would be a panther in the pink.

Henry Mancini - Pink Panther Theme

7. On the 7th day, it stayed dark. Are you looking at me?


Black Sabbath - Paranoid

6. Fancy Gallagher's better half? Watch out, he's as big a weirdo as I am.


Gallagher & Lyle, obviously. Love it!

I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo...

Look around
And you will see
This world is full of creeps like me
You look surprised
You shouldn't be
This world is full of creeps like me

Lyle Lovett - Creeps Like Me 

5. The shell corp is watching you; it will get its pound of flesh.


Big Brother is watching.

A shell corp is another name for a holding company.

Big Brother & The Holding Company - Piece Of My Heart 

4. Found on Mount Sinai with Spearmint Shirley & Manic Wire.


Shirley Lee is the lead singer of Spearmint. If you don't know that, you should.

Nicky Wire is a Manic Street Preacher.

The Ten Commandments were found lying around on Mount Sinai. There may have been a burning bush involved, I don't know, it's been a long time since Sunday School.

Nickie Lee - The Ten Commandments Of Man

They wouldn't play that on the radio these days.

3. Orphan boxer wren.


Little Orphan Annie + Lennox Lewis and a little bird...

Annie Lennox - Little Bird

2. Happy sinners dine with Shaggy.


Huey looks so young...

Fun Lovin' Criminals - Scooby Snacks

1. A Special & a Captain meet in a deserted diner.


Terry Hall & Captain Oates.

Not one of their most well-know tunes, but one of my favourites...




Thanks for playing. I'll be hunting your good will again next Saturday...


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...