Saturday 15 May 2021

Saturday Snapshots #189


I used to want to plant bombs at the Last Night of the Proms, as Billy Bragg once sang
But now you'll find me with the Snapshots, trying to Blow Up your Saturday morning. 

Or something.

Use the clue to identify ten artists below. Then work out the connection between their songs. Then work out the rest of the songs...


10. 5-0.

9. Ian's geriatric haul.

8. Sounds like the paintings of an old crone.

7. Conversational measurement of power.

6. There's no I, so don't stop.

5. The Man From Mississippi... honey.

4. The first martyr was French.

3. Ah, inflated Julia: III.

2. Knitting in the exercise room.

1. I am not in heroin, neither is the White boy.


If you're Hemming and ahhing about some of these, then come back tomorrow morning for the answers... hopefully I'll have had time to do them by then. 


20 comments:

  1. 8. Merle Haggard

    7. Ben Watt?


    2. Jim Croce - or Gym Crochet as he's sometimes known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Gil Scott Heron &Brian Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Gil Scott Heron


    And I think I know what the link is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Competitive secrecy going on here?

    Stuff teamwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to give the answer but I bottled it!

      Delete
  5. Ah think I see the link too. Was chuffed with myself for getting Gym Crochet but too late this morning. Will have a look at the few that are left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9. Christina Aguilara - Clever anagram by you. A lot of letters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uncle Tupelo - Whiskey Bottle

    ReplyDelete
  8. 8. Merle Haggard - Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down

    2. Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6. The Go Team - Bottle Rocket

    Sure wish I could have stayed up last night. Do we have anything else left. Rol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I think they're all gone.

      Sorry, Brian.

      Delete
    2. Hey, at least there was something left. I’m not complaining one bit.

      Delete
  10. Message In A Bottle - Police

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...