Sunday 16 May 2021

Snapshots #189: A Top Ten Bottle Songs


Ah, my old friend, Jack. So long parted.... 20 years since we spent any real time together. Not that I think you'd do me any good if you and I were still together. Not right now, anyway.

Sigh. Bottled up answers to follow...


10. 5-0.

As in Hawaii 5-0...

The Police - Message In A Bottle

9. Ian's geriatric haul.

Anagram!

Christina Aguilera - Message In A Bottle

8. Sounds like the paintings of an old crone.

Hag art!

Merle Haggard - Tonight The Bottle Let Me Down

7. Conversational measurement of power.

Ben has conversations.

Power is measured in watts.

Ben Watt - Empty Bottles

6. There's no I, so don't stop.

There's no I in team!

The Go-Team - Bottle Rocket

5. The Man From Mississippi... honey.

The Man From Uncle.

Tupelo Honey, from Mississippi.

Uncle Tupelo - Whiskey Bottle

4. The first martyr was French.

Saint Etienne was the first martyr. Google it.

Saint Etienne - Milk Bottle Symphony

3. Ah, inflated Julia: III.

Anagram (rather an easy one)!

Juliana Hatfield Three - Spin The Bottle

2. Knitting in the exercise room.

Crochet in the gym.

Jim Croche - Time In A Bottle

1. I am not in heroin, neither is the White boy.


Take the I from heroin and you're left with Heron.

Jack White's boy would be Jack's son.



As long as I don't bottle it (pun stolen from CC), Saturday Snapshots will return next week...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...