Thursday 11 November 2021

Positive Songs For Positive Times #64: Boom Boom Boom


I don't have much to say for myself at the moment. Maybe the cat's got my tongue. Or maybe I can only write the autobiographical side of this blog when things aren't going too well. It's certainly nice to not dread going to work anymore... though I could do without the killer commute. Perhaps I'll devote a few Cnut Songs to road rage and traffic jams...

In the meantime, that's Cosmo above. Longtime readers will remember when he was just a tiny kitten. Now he's a bit of a bruiser, prefers to be out rather than in ("Open this door!", he's saying in that picture), though he wasn't fond of last week's fireworks at all.


I don't know why, but I ended up listening to the first Peter Gabriel solo album a lot recently. I discovered Gabriel with So, so never really checked out any of his earlier long players until now. I wasn't sure about it at first, because musically it's all over the place. But slowly the disparate elements are growing on me. Perhaps my initial disappointment was down to the fact that I wanted ten tracks that sounded just like this one, surely one of the best singles of 1977, and one that never grows old.

Today I don't need a replacement
I'll tell them what the smile on my face meant
My heart going boom boom boom

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...