Friday 4 March 2022

Not That One Friday #4: I Will Survive


I forgot all about this feature last week. Probably a sign that I have too many series on the go. Or that the old memory cells are dying off a little quicker now that I'm rapidly approaching the big 5-0.

We had Ofsted in this week. At The Bad Place, that would have been like the Four Horsemen riding in... but at the new place, it was all very calm and civilized.

In the end, the inspector who was supposed to be coming to see us tested positive for Covid, so our side of the service never even got a visit. Somebody high up in a fancy office somewhere lamented the fact that we must all be terribly disappointed...


Gloria Gaynor's glorious empowerment anthem is a peerless disco classic. (Could I get any more superlatives into that sentence?) There are some mighty fine covers of it too, including Cake and REM (although Michael appears to only know half of the lyrics). Gloria is none too fond of them herself though.

Art Brut's entirely different song of the same name really doesn't bear comparison. And Art Brut are such an acquired taste, I hesitate to even mention it. But I love Eddie Argos, so I can forgive him anything... and you can't copyright a title, even if it's iconic.

I'm young and nothing can harm me
I've sold all my records to pay for a party
I'm still drunk, but that's alright
I've been staying out every night

You're always welcome to crash on my floor
There's no key or lock for the door
I'm ignoring my grown-up problems as
I've got no idea how to solve them
 

If you don't care for that, you could always try the completely unrelated I Will Survive by Mötley Crüe. Horses for courses...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...