Saturday 21 October 2023

Saturday Snapshots #315


You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. This week's Snapshots has nothing to do with apes or planets though... so let's stop monkeying around and get down to it. Identify the ten artists below and tell me how their songs might be linked...


10. Took part in the UCLA Sheepdog Trials.

9. Material which is mined in reverse.

8. Policeman exposed.

7. Faithless nun reads Gigi.

6. Always direct proof that too much alcohol is bad for you.

5. Sent by a lovely goddess to tidy up. 

4. She left Green Gables for a Lincolnshire town. 

3. Kids!

2. Doesn't matter.

1. The Contours?

Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape! The answers will be here tomorrow morning...


31 comments:

  1. 9 Denim
    5 The Cleaners from Venus

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7. Something to do with Sister Bliss…
    (Tuff this week.)

    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d forgotten I even had this one! It’s Sister Bliss & Colette

      Delete
  3. One more - 4 Ann Peebles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I was momentarily inspired when I linked 2) & 10) with ‘rope’ but it all unravelled after that.

      Delete
  5. Is it something to do with jobs / work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't Get A Man, Can't Get A Job, Career Opportunities, Job Centre, Young Man (Seeks Interesting Job)…?

      Delete
    2. Oh brilliant, congratulations Khayem!

      Delete
  6. Now we know the theme, it might be easier to get some of the others... especially #1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. The Silhouettes - Get a Job (Brian)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4. Ann Alford - Got to Get Me a Job (Brian)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Still 3 to get... I think this might be my record!

      Delete
    2. Stumped. Want the clue to be Sonic Youth badly and I even know a job song but that’s just not them. Will wait until tomorrow and then kick myself. - Brian

      Delete
    3. When I said 3, I meant 3 whole pictures! 3 is one of them, but also 6 and 8 too...

      Delete
  10. 8 Bobby Bare I thought CC would get that

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...