Monday 6 November 2023

Mid-Life Crisis Songs #104: Today I Lost A Tooth


When did it begin, our inexorable slither into old age?

If you ask Placebo, they'll tell you...

Since I was born I started to decay


The Olivia Tremor Control, on the other hand, were a little older when they first realised they didn't have long left...

Today I lost a tooth
Today I lost my youth

The day is young but life is short
Do what you must, but just be sure
To take it all inside

It's only one minute twenty, but it could be the most profound song you hear today...



2 comments:

  1. Yes, profound and to the point (and I'm getting a kind of West Coast-mixed-with-Eels vibe too).
    As for teeth, I said to Mr SDS only this morning that I'm feeling old because I'm worrying about losing my teeth now and no-one ever warned us about that. Or perhaps they did but we didn't take any notice? Of course the problem is that I do not feel inside what I used to think it would feel like to be this old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the scary thing, isn't it. My mum, who's 95 now, says the same. In her head, she's still just a young girl.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...