Sunday 15 September 2019

Saturday Snapshots #101 - The Answers


You must remember this: a kiss is still a kiss. A sigh is still a sigh.

And Saturday Snapshots is still the thing that gets you all up early on a weekend. Or you could arrive late like Lynchie did yesterday and still hoover up some points. I may stop awarding Winner status at this point, because it's largely irrelevant and involves me doing extraneous maths. Thanks for playing, as always.


10. Hold p! This cle is easy if yo think abot it.


Wait! The letter U was missing from this clue.

John Waite - Missing You
9. Dracula, Nosferatu, and now.


Dracula & Nosferatu are vampires. Now is the weekend. The oversized comma that looks as though it shouldn't be there? It's an Oxford comma.

Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma

8. Season of blues is a long way away.


Summertime Blues, miles away.

Miles Davis - Summertime

7. Black or blue or elder? Size is not important.


Black, blue and elder are all berries.

Dave Berry - Little Things

6. Mosquito, like 8, Armageddon.


Skeeter is, apparently, short for mosquito.

8 was Miles Davis.

Why does the sun go on shining?

Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World

5. Wayne's water feature loses colour, ta.


The Fountains of Wayne go a little pale.

The Pale Fountains - Thank You

4. Target: Ecstasy, fella. What the Christmas tree angel says.


Aim - E, man.

Aimee Mann - Put Me On Top

3. "Don't touch me!" says Bonnie Buster.


Bonnie Prince & Prince Buster.

Prince - Gett Off!

2. Winning horoscope for released faculty head and uncredited.


The Dean is a Freed-man. The uncredited lady was Denise Mara, a friend of Alyson.

Listen, hon, I know you're dumb...

Dean Friedman & Denise Marsa - Lucky Stars

1. Bank Porter finds diamonds on his back.


Lloyds is a bank. Cole was a Porter.

Diamondbacks are rattlesnakes.

She looks like Eve-Marie Saint in On The Waterfront...



We'll play it again next week. Here's looking at you, kids!

7 comments:

  1. My late arrival yesterday was due to a fuzzy head scenario following a belated birthday night out with a few chums. I rarely drink these days, so any alcohol consumption tends to wipe me out for a day or two. Thanks to Saturday Snapshots, my brain remains as sharp as a tack...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having not drunk since the Millennium, I can sympathise.

      Delete
  2. Considering how much I love the Magnolia solo album, I'm shocked I haven't listened to Mann's early stuff. Thanks for another enjoyable quiz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all her stuff but her debut solo album has a special place in my heart.

      Delete
  3. Glad you kept going past #100 but no need to do the maths - We all know where we stand and should be enough points to go round.

    For the record the Denise that sang with Dean Friedman is Denise Marsa and it would be a stretch to say she's a friend of mine but we have communicated via our blogs. One of the highlights of my blogging career was to find a message from the "mystery lady" in my inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great instalment, thanks. I'm mildly perturbed by Skeeter Davis' apparent lack of arms/hands! (looks like she has no hand on her right arm and no left arm at all) Knowing nothing about her apart from the song itself, I even went so far as to look her up to see if she was actually missing a limb or two...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...