Sunday 22 September 2019

Saturday Snapshots #102: The Answers


Some like it hot a Saturday morning, but while gentlemen prefer blondes, the rest of us prefer Saturday Snapshots.

Now it's Sunday, so here are the answers. Boop-boop-be-doo.


10. A Partridge exclaims, "d'you wanna scrap?"



a-ha - Take On Me

9. Eagle retrievers mixed up in brothels revery.


Eagles are birds, retrievers are dogs.

"brothels revery" is a really easy anagram.

The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog

8. Killed a mockingbird then drove off in a tiny emerald.


Harper Lee wrote To Kill A Mockingbird.

Rather obscure Irish band, although I did feature them here in my Top Ten Songs About American Writers. What do you mean you don't remember!?! I do love this song though.

Little Green Cars - Harper Lee

7. Shhh... they've got their guns.


Annies, get your pistols.

The Pistol Annies - Hush Hush

6. A brief continental burn.


Asia is a continent.

A brief burn might come in the heat of the moment.

Asia - Heat of the Moment

5. Two apples... but not for Steven Dalglish.


Steven Gerrard and Kenny Daglish are, I'm reliably informed, involved in "the glorious game". See, I can do sports-related clues!

New York is the Big Apple.

Gerard Kenny - New York, New York

4. I sense that a Western Scott has you rockin' and a'reelin'.


Randolph Scott was an actor in westerns.

Rockin' and a reelin' is what Barbara Ann got you doing.

I sense... feelings.

Barbara Randolph - I Got A Feeling

3. Plebs in space.


Plebs are riff raff. One of them is a young William of Bragg.

Riff Raff - I Wanna Be A Cosmonaut

2. Skinny queen sees Brian, Carl and Al return to the city.


A skinny queen, obviously, is Thin Lizzy.

Brian, Carl & Al are the Beach Boys... leaving the beach for the town.

Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town

1. If I were... to catch the paper boy? I'd be a coyote botherer.


If I were a rich man?

"I catch the paperboy" comes from Modern Love.




Happy birthday, Mr. President... Saturday Snapshots returns next week.


3 comments:

  1. Another tough quiz. I am in awe of your clue setting ability!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 'That Summer Feeling' by Jonathan Richman, I've been meaning to dive into his Modern Lovers work, just haven't got round to it yet. Thanks for the quiz, the Alan Partridge clue was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes a really easy anagram so made a fool of myself by overcomplicating it. As for the football clues, the "clue-setter" doth protest too much, methinks!

    Thanks again for keeping going with this fun quiz.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...