Sunday 10 November 2019

Saturday Snapshots #109 - The Answers


Nananana nananana nananana nananana... Answers!



10. Jimmy Nail loses a dollar to Elvis's bear on the lawn. And it all goes dark.


Jimmy Nail was Spender. Removed a $ and you get Pender... on the lawn makes Pender-grass.

Elvis sang Teddy Bear.

Teddy Pendergrass - Turn Off The Lights

Rub me down with some hot oils, babe...

9. A minor, candy coloured clown.


"A minor" is a chord.

The suffix "ette" means "relatively small size"... which would also related to a minor.

Roy Orbison sang about a candy coloured clown they call the Sandman who tiptoes to his room each night.

The Chordettes - Mr. Sandman

8. Elf with midlife gender change? That's preposterous!


Elf changes from L(ady) to M(an)? Unbelievable!

EMF - Unbelievable

7. Lost? Trust the window screen.


A window screen would be a blind.

Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home

6. Octogenarians die laughing.


Killing Joke - Eighties

5. The week starts early in central Venice.


Rialto is in central Venice.

Rialto - Monday Morning, 5.19

4. Occasionally breaking the Hammer rule, Benny's kung fu rating.


Benny Hill.

Dan is the ranking system used in martial arts.

MC Hammer said U Can't Touch This.

Dan Hill - Sometimes When We Touch

There is no such thing as a guilty pleasure.

3. No, it's Britain. For the time being, anyway. I'd avoid web & eat nymphet.


I'd avoid web & eat nymphet are anagrams.

David Bowie & The Pat Metheny Group - This Is Not America

(I loved Chris's idea that "I'd avoid web" suggested this wasn't from Spiders-era Bowie. I wish I could claim to have been smart enough to come up with that myself.)

2. Dick & Spencer - 2 blokes in a Lambo.


Dick & Spencer Tracy are 2 blokes - a chap and a man.

A Lambo goes very fast.

Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

1. Les quits top pop band after catching his reflection in the Gents.


If Les quit The Beatles, all you'd have left is The Beat.



More Snapshots next week - same Snap-time, same Snap-channel.

2 comments:

  1. Devilish set of questions I thought. Easy when you find out the answers on a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like spider imagery I guess! The Blind Faith tune is great and now I want to hear the other singles by them/Steve Winwood

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...