Sunday 22 May 2022

Snapshots #241: A Top Ten Wandering Songs


Yesterday Henry, today Bridget. (Jane has featured here before.) Two Fondas, because they rhyme with Wander. And because I couldn't find a picture of either Wanda Jackson or Elizabeth Olsen holding a camera. 

Anyway, here are ten great songs to wander to...


10. Sounds like nobility is only down the road in the local municipality.

The Earl is just in town.

Justin Townes Earl - Wanderin'

(Don't even start me on the Queen making Doncaster a city but not Huddersfield. Don't even start me.)

9. Et tu, dosh?

U2, Cash?

Johnny Cash & U2 - The Wanderer

8. Shroud + Cane.

A pall and a birch.

Paul Burch - Wander

7. Shorn in Syria.

Anagram!

Harry Nilsson - As I Wander Lonely

6. What snails use to play golf.

Slow Club - Wanderer Wandering

5. Jamaican hat trick.

The Kingston Trio - The Wanderer 

4. Pink planet.

If you like your steak pink...

The Rare Earth - Born To Wander

3. Almost makes me want to Call Saul...

Jimmy McGill, aka Saul Goodman, in the best show on TV at the moment, is played by Bob Odenkirk. Which almost sounds like...

The Obernkirchen Children's Choir - The Happy Wanderer

Don't laugh. That was in the UK charts for SIX months back in 1954.

2. Sounds like half a Eurovision winner.

Celine Dion won Eurovision for Switzerland in 1988... even though she's Canadian. 

Dion - The Wanderer

1. Jeans make him paranoid.

Lee Jeans make him a Paranoid Android... like Marvin.

Lee Marvin - Wandrin' Star


Do I know where hell is? Hell is in hello. Heaven is goodbye for ever, it's time for me to go...

...but I'll be back here next Saturday, because I've never seen a Snapshot that didn't look better looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...