Friday 22 July 2022

Random Friday: Midnight Train



Today is the last day of term in the new job I started back in November. It's no understatement to say this job saved my life, or at least my sanity, and for the first time in years I'm actually looking forward to going back to work after the summer. As mentioned earlier in the week, I also get a full 6 week holiday, which I've never had before, so... I'm going to try to be a bit more positive. There are some things in life you can't fix, and you just have to learn to live with them, but I fixed the job problem, and that was huge. Happy happy, joy joy, as a sadly-departed old friend of mine used to say.

The Steve Miller Band's Midnight Train is pure feel-good rock n roll. It's late-stage Miller, from the early 90s, yet it could easily fit in a set list with their prime era classics such as Rock 'n' Me, Jungle Love or Jet Airliner. (I don't include The Joker in that list, not because I don't love it, but because it's unique, and not an obvious match for the rest of his back catalogue.) Sam loves it too, it's probably his favourite song at the moment.



4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear how much you're enjoying your job and be sure to enjoy you holiday. By the by - I saw Steve Miller Band at Red Rocks on my first visit to the USA and I'll have you know I boogied like a mad person to "Take The Money & Run" Hoo-hoo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your well earned break Rol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, enjoy your 6 weeks off at last. And yes, you fixed it! So glad to know you actually look forward to going back too, that must surely be the best anyone can wish for.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...