Monday 22 April 2024

No Comment



A little blogging post today...


I don't appear to be getting comment notification emails from blogger anymore. and I wondered if I was the only one?


This started a few months back, but I usually found that at least if I left a reply to someone else's comment and ticked the box, then I would receive subsequent comments in my inbox. Now even that has stopped working. 


This isn't so bad for that day's post as I can check in and see if there are any comments to read and reply to, but as it also effects previous day's posts, I find myself having to check back through the past week and discovering new comments I've missed.


Is anyone else having the same issue? I've also found it to be true when I leave a comment on another blogger-based blog - like Charity Chic's. I no longer receive a notification to tell me if there's been a reply. One of the things I enjoy most about the blogosphere is the fun little conversations that crop up in comments boxes, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with them now the notifications have stopped. I've checked my spam folder in case they'd started going in there, but no joy. Wordpress comments still appear to be working fine.


Those of you who are on blogger - is this happening to you also? And for anyone else who leaves a comment on this blog, do you still get notifications if someone replies? Is it just me?



8 comments:

  1. I've noticed that recently comments are not popping up on G-mail.
    I don't really mind as they can clog up my in box.
    I just checked Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help you on this one, Rol as I've never been one to tick any boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so behind on posting anything that I can't tell you about comments at the moment but, if you haven't already done so, may be worth checking nothing's changed in your Settings? Only a week or so back my avatar thingy disappeared completely in spite of not having done anything myself and I had to actively reinstate it, so there may be some mysterious gremlins lurking in there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, C, that involves work!

      Delete
    2. The little box alerting me to new comments no longer pops up for me to tick. Also I have to key in my name every time as it no longer knows it's me automatically. Something has changed in the inner workings methinks and a bit of a time-consuming pain as you say as you have to trawl back through old posts.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...