Monday 27 May 2019

2019 Contenders: Inferno


As I've been listening to a lot of old  Go-Betweens records lately, I was tempted to check out the latest solo offering from surviving founder member Robert Forster. Pretty damned good it is too.

Here's a couple of fine tunes from it, firstly this upbeat offering which reminds me of Talking Heads... although perhaps that's just Robert's performance in the video.



Then, slower and more atmospheric, but with that very distinct Go-Betweens guitar sound... hell, fellow Aussie Nick Cave would be proud of this one as well, I reckon...


And if you enjoyed those, check out Life Has Turned A Page too, if you get the chance.


1 comment:

  1. You will no doubt see this on my year-end list somewhere. I do still believe the Evangelist is his best solo album this century.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...