Sunday 19 May 2019

Saturday Snapshots #84 - The Answers


It's Sunday morning, and though you may all be wishing to Enter Sandman for another couple of hours' kip, it's important you get up and check your answers to Saturday Snapshots. Nothing Else Matters!

Another close-fought battle yesterday morning with Lynchie & Ramone tying on two and a half points each, but Charity Chic pipping them both to the post with an impressive three - largely down to his expert knowledge of women with balls. Congratulations and thanks to all for playing.


10. Discrimination is beneath the construction crew.



(Beneath = down under.)

Men At Work - Down Under

9. Queen of chefs grows a pair.


Elizabeth Cook - Sometimes it Takes Balls to be a Woman

8. Abnormal abilities are impossible.


Freak Power - No Way

(Yes, that is Norman Cook. That's why this is so damned catchy.)

7. Captain Kirk meets a Doctor Who for S&M.


Captain James T. Kirk was Jim to his friends.

The Doctor Who before the current one was Peter Capaldi.

Jim Capaldi - Love Hurts

6. Ridiculous me tells unbelievable stories.


I, Ludicrous - Preposterous Tales

(Lynchie missed the I comma, but I'll let him have it.)

5. In the afternoon, rappers and angels love a rut.


Afternoon delight.

Angel Delight.

Rapper's Delight.

A rut is a groove. What were you thinking of?

Dee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart 

A photo finish between George and Ramone for that one.

4. Mirror. Cognac. Snap!


A mirror is a looking class.

Cognac is a brandy.

Brandy snap.

Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)

Well done to Mr. C - I expected Alyson to get that one.

3. Kennel Club holds a hot lead... which would be my preference.


KC has a sunshine band. Sometimes these clues are pretty straight foreward. That's the way I like it.

Always reminds me of this amusing 80s comedy routine, from Rondell Sheridan.

KC & The Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)

2. A racist nanny prepares for a hike.


"A racist nanny" was an unfortunate (if irresistible) anagram.

Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walking

1. Shoeless dating incredulity.


Shoeless Joe Jackson was an American baseball player, as immortalised in the movie Field of Dreams. Makes me blub every time.

Still one of the greatest opening lines of any song ever...




Obey your master! Master of Snapshots, I'm pulling your strings!

(This One is dedicated to all the Metallica fans out there.)

Saturday Snapshots returns next week. You'll be Unforgiven for missing it.

3 comments:

  1. What can I say - a man needs a hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew the Elizabeth Cook one, but Charity Chic beat me to the punch. I was very impressed he got the answer so fast. Top quizzing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed - I would have got the Looking Glass clue had I not been up so late writing about it the night before! Check out your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...