Wednesday 10 July 2019

2019 Contenders: Turn Off The News...


Willie's boy has done it again. Hot on the heels of one of the best albums of last year, here comes his latest. I called Craig Finn one of the busiest men in rock last week, but Lukas Nelson is giving him serious competition, also playing guitar in Neil Young's band as his "day job".

I've not listened to the whole album in detail, but the title track (with Sheryl Crow on backing vocals) is a powerful statement about the state of the world today...



Here's a pretty cool acoustic version too..

4 comments:

  1. Woah...hang on there. Not only was I not aware of this LP, I appear to have overlooked your posts on Lukas from last year too - I've now corrected that error. What a talent this guy is, a chip off the old block for sure. He makes it seem so effortless doesn't he? Very very impressed with all the tunes you've posted Rol. Thanks for the heads up, I'll get on the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got there in the end; that's all that matters.

      Delete
  2. I saw Promise of The Real backing Neil Young 3 years ago and they were damned good. Been a fan ever since. Lukas wore a kilt for their Glasgow SECC gig and almost stole the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was there anything unde... sorry, I shouldn't ask.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...