Friday 1 May 2020

Positive Songs For Negative Times #15: GMF


You'll have to excuse me if I miss a couple of posts at the moment, but it's been a hell of a week. I may not get time to complete #9 of the Hot 100 for Tuesday either, but bear with me and we will get to it. Have a fruit face that Sam & I made this afternoon instead.

Most of my week has been taken up with the exhausting responsibility of predicting grades then ranking those grades in order, then ranking all the grades across the entire college in order, knowing that many of the grades we want for our learners won't come to pass. Don't ever ask a teacher which of their students deserve to pass... they'll answer "all the ones that put in the effort". In reality, exams are rarely that fair. Yet we're expected to think like exams. A horrible expectation.


We did manage to squeeze in a couple of nice walks though. A prize if you can spot the baby rabbit in the picture below...


And here are some 2020 vintage newborn lambs (not the years old ones I posted last week) that Sam has christened Chizzy, Fizzy, Ivan and Doncaster.

I especially wanted to write their names down for posterity.


The main drama of the week came from the leaky pipe below. Fortunately it only damaged the ceiling of the garage, and my nephew (ex-plumber) was good enough to come out and fix it for us. Yes, he kept 2 metres away from us the whole time.



So, anyway, I'm exhausted. But that was Lockdown Week... 5(?)... at Top Ten Towers. I hope you're all surviving.

Here's another song that never fails to make me smile...




7 comments:

  1. Brilliant song and a brilliantly performed video.

    Doncaster seems a random choice of name compared to the others. But. hey we all need a bit of random ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you should spread out the remaining Hot 100 posts to keep the tension up and your workload down - I have a feeling that there will be a ton of contenders each week as we work our way to the finale of Number One....or are you going to feature an encore post of Zeroes?
    Hope your weekend (and next week) is less fraught. Loving that fruit face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about breaking it up, but I'd rather get it out of the way in one big splurge rather than taking up post after post...

      Delete
  3. Yes, love the fruit face, love Sam's names and love the baby rabbit (yes spotted it). Sorry you've had a rubbish week - Having to predict grades must be an awful business but glad that nephew of yours managed to fix the plumbing emergency.

    Now I shall go and listen to that song. No pressure of course to come up with a Hot 100 - Sounds like you deserve and need a week off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, Rol, I'm just so sorry it's been such a crap week. Sam's lamb names are inspired. As Rigid Digit says, we all need a bit of random, this is right up my street (country path) as is arty fruitface.
    Thanks for helping to keep us in the here and now through it all and you know what an understanding bunch we are re. posts; as Alyson says, no pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been through the ranking process this week too. Not much fun, a lot of hard work and far from straightforward. I much prefer preparing students for exams and then letting them/the exam board/fate take its course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, their fate should be in their own hands, not ours.

      What do you teach, SA?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...