Thursday 30 June 2022

2022 Contenders: The Right Song At The Right Time


You know when you're having a bad day, and you switch on the radio and hear a tune that turns it around? It might be an old favourite... or it might be something you've never heard before that speaks directly to you, and sends you scrabbling for a pen to write down the title and the artist for further investigation.

American Aquarium know that feeling... and lead AA-man B.J. Barham has written a song to celebrate it. 

I turn the radio on
And out comes a song I didn't recognize
The way the singer was singing
My heart was connected, I was hypnotized
How can something that I've never heard in my life
Pull me back into the light

To be honest, the video rather over-sells the idea, but it's a great tune despite that. The new American Aquarium album was crowd-funded in just under 2 days. More power to the people!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...