Friday 17 June 2022

Random Friday: Handwriting


I don't blame my terrible memory on getting older: I've always had a terrible memory. I often write things on the back of my hand as a reminder - shopping to get, songs to track down, ideas for blog posts, what time to pick Sam up... it's the only place I can be guaranteed to see a written reminder. Of course, in the era of covid (and especially since I work in a hospital), I wash my hands a lot during the day... which means quite a few of those messages get lost. Believe me though, I've had some great ideas for blog posts... but I've washed them all away, so you're left with this blather.

Earlier in the week, I was in a meeting at work with doctors, nutritionists, psychologists, occupational therapists and all kinds of important, intelligent people. (I always feel like the dumbest person in any meeting I attend... apart from the ones I have to chair: then, I just feel sorry for wasting everybody's time.) However, I found myself warming to the doctor chairing this meeting when he paused to write an important medical update for the patient / student we were discussing... on the back of his hand. For a few seconds, I felt less alone.

There was, of course, only one song to play today...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...