Friday 22 June 2018

Grumpy Old Men Songs #6: Underlying Depression




Today we have reportedly one of the grumpiest men in show-business, from being a churlish young-whipper snapper right through to the miserable old cur he is now... though I'm never quite sure what he has to be so grumpy about. He keeps churning out the records and folk keep buying them.

6. Van Morrison

Here's a track that might explain much, from way, way back in 1995 - that's 23 years ago, old folks - when Van The Man was a mere strip of a lad at just 49 years of age. Maybe you can relate to it...

Have to make some concessions when everything is working right
Have to count my blessings, helps me make it through the night
I've got love in my life as well as trouble and strife
And underlying depression




2 comments:

  1. A track from an album that's not a favourite of mine, although I do like the title track, "Days Like This". Can't think what Van had to be depressed about given that he'd recently married Michelle Rocca, former Miss Ireland (and the woman in the video photo with Van and the doggies), but there's no pleasing some folk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually the first Van album I bought, after Greatest Hits. It's not his best by any means, but I enjoyed it at the time.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...