Saturday 15 September 2018

Saturday Snapshots #50




Welcoming us to the very special 50th edition of the Saturday Snapshots, it's the Modfather himself.

Saturday's kids play one arm bandits - they never win but that's not the point, is it?

Same thing applies to Saturday Snapshots, if you ask me. All you have to do is identify the artists and songs below from the pictures and cryptic clues. And to celebrate our 50th anniversary, there are twice as many to guess this week!

Why go Down In The Tube Station At Midnight when you can sit in bed on a Saturday morning and puzzle over this lot?

Sup up your beer and collect your fags - it's time to Start!



20. Vigorous bloke wins lottery.


19. Exciting experiences with no adverts! Slow down.


18. Vocal coaches for everyone! We've just started looking.


17. Would you rather study the early days of the Hebrides... or see an Olivia Newton-John movie?


16. Are you fond of my curves?


15. That baked helianthus is as old as Taylor Swift.


14. WWI soldier discovers ska punk and gets the number for one of Brandon Flowers' friends.


13. Grisly ghouls from every tomb get canonised with paracetamol.


12. Bloody cheek - coming over here, desperately needing the loo!


11. Peter Wyngarde tries to find the Vapour Rub at work.


10. Smash a window with a big piece of chicken.


9. White walrus attacks blokes saying hi on a Rio beach.


8. Lad from London tries to remember his pincode. May an early year of rock 'n' roll help?


7. Chubby Checker's relative refuses to put up with all that dancing anymore.


6. 12 years of hard labour brightens up the capital.


5. Lee Harvey Oswald gets chivalrous all across the States.


4. Stomach ache caused by a late encounter with Jerry Dammers.


3. A bunch of converted apostles get surrounded by water.


2. Emergency treatment for cloudy optimists.


1. Redial Tim - he's all confused by the lack of action.


That's Entertainment for your Saturday morning... Precious answers tomorrow morning.

42 comments:

  1. 4 Leadbelly - Midnight Special also over at my place today
    18 New Seekers - I'd like to teach the World to Sing

    ReplyDelete
  2. 17 Mull Historical Society - Xanadu

    ReplyDelete
  3. 18 - New Seekers - I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry didn't spot that CC had already got that one - Was so busy swooning over Marty Christian who used to reside on my bedroom wall when I was a teenager.

      Delete
    2. Just to highlight my nerd tendencies, the picture of the New Seekers above is not the classic line-up of Eve Graham, Lyn Paul, Peter Doyle, Paul Layton and the lovely Marty Christian. Oh no, by the time of this picture Peter Doyle had been replaced by Peter Oliver (chap in the middle) who didn't sing on "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" - Ironic!

      Delete
  4. 7 Twisted Sister -We’re Not Going to Take It

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9 - Barry Manilow - At The Copacabano

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or, Copacabano (at the Copa) to be perfectly accurate.

      Glad I've been able to drop by for this momentous edition as have been playing along from the start - You can depend on me to mop up the "guilty pleasures".

      Delete
  6. 5 - Patsy Gallant - From New York to LA

    ReplyDelete
  7. 16 - The Contours - Do You Love Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Yes. They need the loo. Badly.

      Delete
    2. Ok! Just shows my lack of confidence in coming up with the answer - been absent for a couple of weeks.

      Delete
  9. 1. Del Amitri - Nothing Ever Happens

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Good clue.
      And now the song keeps coming up on repeat in my head

      Delete
  11. And congratulations Rol on the 50 up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 14 There is a Tommy in there somewhere. I will kick myself as familiar but just can't identify them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it - Tommy Tutone (no question mark).

      Delete
    2. 867-5309/Jenny is the only song that might fit the clue.

      Delete
  13. Takes some effort to create 50 of these and I enjoy taking part when I have time. I learn something every time as you know many more names in music than I do.

    13: St. Vincent - Pills

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stuck now - No. 6 too recent for me and no inspiration for No.10

    Sorry if I hogged this 50th edition a bit too much but I've missed dropping by - Well done on keeping this up for a year now. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 6 is Slaves, Cheer Up London.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 10 is Superchunk (good clue). Presumably with Break The Glass? (thanks, Wikipedia...)

    ReplyDelete
  17. And we're done. Thanks for playing, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We know there is a lot of love and work that go into these things. Congratulations on the 50... and thank you. I usually can’t play until they are all solved, but it’s fun nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blimey, 20 brand spanking new ones - you work hard to keep us happy Rol, thank you. Unfortunately I was too late for this one, when I had a quick look earlier the ones I did know had already been snapped up (many I didn't know too) but as Brian says, it's still fun looking at the clues and pics before scrolling down to see what's been solved.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...