Thursday 18 October 2018

My Top Ten < 40 Second Songs


Time has gotten away from me again this week, so here's another ten short songs as a follow up to My Top Ten < 30 Second Songs... this time, all of them lasting somewhere between 30 and 40 seconds in duration.

10. Dee-Lite - Mind Melt

If my mind ever melts, and it sounds like this, I won't be too worried.

9. The White Stripes - Passive Manipulation 

And this is why Meg left the singing to Jack. Still, good message...

Women, listen to your mothers
Don't just succumb to the wishes of your brothers
Take a step back, take a look at one another
You need to know the difference...
Between a father and a lover

8. The Legend! - Boredom (Is)

Not the first time Creation oddity The Legend! has featured here, but this seems like a pretty good definition of boredom... Dave Lee Travis is involved!

7. Frank Turner & John Snodgrass - Styx: The Man, The Band

They met a bloke who had the same name as the Babe band. No, really.

6. The Pastels - Over My Shoulder

I guess they'll never learn.

5. The Streets - Who Dares Wins

Not the Clint Eastwood movie.

4. Willie Nelson - My Love For The Rose

A song. A prayer. A regret.

3. Da Vinci's Notebook - Face Like Billy Joel

I love Billy Joel. You know that. But I bet even he has a laugh at this one.

2. Spearmint - My Birthday Present To Myself

A complete indie anthem in 40 seconds. Take that Noel!

1. Half Man Half Biscuit - Vatican Broadside

Suggested by Jim in Dubai last time we did this, and the only reason I didn't include it last time is that according to my music player, it clocks in at 31 seconds.

Ever wondered what happened when the singer out of Slipknot went to Rome to meet the Pope? The answer lies within...


Your suggestions of songs between 30 and 40 seconds in length will be gratefully received. Usual rules apply.

4 comments:

  1. Another fab list of which I only knew the Willie Nelson and HMHB tracks.


    Old Mother Reagan - Violent Femmes (32 seconds by my count)
    (It's spelt wrong on YouTube)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Pd7J6XBPY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...