Saturday 29 February 2020

Saturday Snapshots #125


Oops.

Apologies for the late start. It's a Leap Year thing. That's my excuse, anyway.

Greetings, Reservoir Dogs and Inglourious Basterds. It's time for Saturday Snapshots again. Your job this morning is not to Kill Bill, but to identify the ten top tunes below and tell me who sang them.

Beware... at least 8 of these clues may well be hateful...


10. Can the third sequel ever be the best? Uncanny!


9. Loin zip, you dig?


8. Sounds like Mrs. McC moved in with a Trotter. Also sounds like a Minder.


7. Set fire to your nemesis.


6. She keeps my toothbrush in her apartment and she never complains about being lonely. #2.


5. M'okay. At the moment. Bowl of roses.


4. Climb every goddam lady.


3. Bryan lied about the year, all the young ones protested.


2. Like a duke, on a highway of vipers.


1. I tell him no, JC... French prisoner released.


"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions." If not, call back tomorrow morning for the big reveal.



23 comments:

  1. 5. Pasadenas - I'm Doing Fine Now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricky this week
    4 Mountain
    Mississippi Queen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a scary suspicion No. 5 was for me, and I wasn't found wanting, sadly.

      Delete
    2. You were probably the most likely to get it.

      Delete
    3. Although the clue to 6 has a bit in it that probably / possibly only you can get, Alyson. You might need to work with CC on this.

      Delete
  3. 3 Sham 69 If The Kids Are United

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 is Lydia Loveless
    Recognise the picture.I’ve no clue as to the clue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it Steve Earle , her stalker song?

      Delete
    2. Yes. The toothbrush thing is an obscure lyric that leads no body (except me... and possibly Alyson) to her name.

      Delete
    3. Ah got it - The lyrics about toothbrushes in the Dean Friedman song Lydia - Wouldn't have got this one though.

      Delete
  5. Soddit! I was here at 8.32 this morning and this page wasn't even here! I thought you were off on some anniversary themed weekend thingy. I would have got the Steve Earle one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies. Technical issues. I'm hoping you can get #10.

      Delete
  6. Looks like I'm on for a win today!

    1 is an anagram.

    9 is an anagram.

    8 is possibly more well known with condiments.

    10 extra clue - Adrian Gurvitz.

    7 is... erm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian Gurvitz?
      Something to do with Guns or a Classic.
      Either way, I'm not recognising anything from the clue or the picture

      Delete
  7. 9 Nizlopi - JCB Song

    (Anagram been bugging me all day - came back to see if anyone else got it, and then the letters just seemed to form)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done. Of everybody here, I thought you might get #7.

      Delete
    2. Me no recoginizee
      ???
      Set fire to your nemesis - is there a song (or band) called Burn The Enemy?

      Delete
    3. You got one word from the title and just need to find another synonym for set fire (in the past tense).

      Delete
  8. I remember that Adrian Gurvitz had an Army with Ginger Baker. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does 1 have the name Mitchell in the answer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are there any famous singing Mitchells?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...