Tuesday 13 October 2020

Mid-Life Crisis Songs #53: Bad Is Bad

 


Sorry, no Name That Tune this week. We'll get back to our favourite Caroline songs soon enough, but I'm enjoying that feature and want to do it properly rather than rushing it to hit a weekly deadline that only exists in my head.

Plus work is workier than ever at the moment.

And to top it all off, we're moving house again in a few weeks time.


Long-time readers must surely be shaking their heads in wonder at that announcement, since in the duration of this blog's lifetime we will now have moved house four times. I'll tell you one day why this latest move, but for now, suffice it to say the last move was a bad idea, and has been proven so repeatedly in the past year. 


Anyway, apropos of nothing at all, the cooker in our current (soon to be ex-) kitchen has a timer on it, and when it beeps, the rhythm of the beeping always reminds me of the Doo-woppy bits in Bad Is Bad by Huey Lewis & The News.

Indulge me, I need a Huey fix today...

5 comments:

  1. I try to avoid using the word "hate", because it's so very strong and unequivocal - I prefer to express an intense dislike (pretentious, moi?). However, moving house is on the short list of things I actually do hate, so good luck to you, Rol - you have my sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading somewhere that moving house is one of the top 3 causes of stress, so I hope you and yours make the move OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best with the move and preparations - no fun at all but hope the practice you've had will at least help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey Rol - We still remember the last move just about broke you! I've only moved twice in the last 28 years and couldn't even contemplate moving from where we are now as so much has been accumulated (in the loft) during that time. The upside I suppose is that you never have time to accumulate too much - Good luck with it all, and this time, 'make it easy on yourself'.

    And, only you could identify the beeps from your cooker's timer as being the same as the beeps in a song. Hats off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with moving house in these weird times.
    Hope you get settled quickly and comfortably (and don't lose anything in the move).
    The last time (and it will be the last time) I moved house, I stuck all the vinyl and CDs in storage so I knew they'd not be chucked about on the blind panic to empty the van and get moved in.

    Beeps in songs? I used to have a Space Invaders game which had the same beepy tune as that bit at the start of Madonna's Material Girl.

    Maybe there's a series there ... I'll name that beep in 3?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...