Sunday 25 October 2020

Saturday Snapshots #160 - The Answers

 


All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Luckily, he took a break this weekend to play Saturday Snapshots.

Here are this week's answers...



10. Ignominious 14th. Righteous Scrooge.

Ignominy is public shame. N is the 14th letter. Shame + N =

The Shamen - Ebeneezer Good

What a silly, silly, silly song. At the time, I hated it, just as I hated all rave culture. Now... weirdly nostalgic of the year I turned twenty.

Alyson has been hobnobbing with the stars again...

The Shamen were originally from Aberdeen and Colin Angus in the picture was a friend of IC2 whose Awesome Mixtape I wrote about last weekend.

9. Mick's Zen octet plays California.


Mick's Zen octet was an anagram. Pretty lazy this week, lots of anagrams.


Lynchie says to check out the b-side...


8. A Harts non-event, 4 prime.


A Harts non-event is an anagram.

Add up the first 4 Prime Numbers... 2 + 3 + 5 + 7 = 17.


7. Caviar in a spin. 


Caviar is fish eggs / roe.


6. Stop trying to find fault, like Tom The Duck.


Tom Jones + Howard The Duck...


C said that Howard Jones looks better now... I actually think he sounds better now. I was never that fussed at the time, but now I find these decent enough pop songs.

5. Coo-lumbo, Sherlock Homing and Agent Coop-er remove a lady's rear.   


I'm not the world's biggest fan of the Pigeon Detectives, but sometimes the clue is too good to avoid...


4. Asda clothes take the mick, with a coral... um... hang on, hang on... I'll finish this clue in a minute...


George at Asda takes the Michael. With a reef... er...


3. Kate & Fred love them. Hahahaha!


Kate Pierson & Fred Schneider are in the B-52s. Who sang about a Love Shack


2. Beautiful baptism bowl, full of potassium. 


Beautiful baptism bowl would be a bella font... 

Bananas are full of potassium.


Whenever I hear that, I can't help but think of the Stan Freberg version...


1. Bother not, between the roads.


Bother not was an anagram

Between the roads is the central reservation.

As shown in this lovely video...





If you think this is As Good As It Gets... wait till next Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. A good week for you Rol when you manage to stump Mrs Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad had that Stan FReberg version on 10inch 78rpm

    ReplyDelete
  3. My glass is raised to you, sir! I did go down the math path at one point and thought it might be a number and itself (me, myself and I quartet, perhaps?) And I know your fondness for Hart to Hart. There was a woman named Jennifer Hart who drove her family off a cliff in California a few years back and thought that might be a morbid clue. Great puzzle as always! Thank you. (Mrs. Brian)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. Brian... though I think you give me too much credit. You gave that far more thought than I ever do!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...