Saturday 3 October 2020

Saturday Snapshots #157


Taxi! Get me to Saturday Snapshots, on the double!



10. First swinging king lacks staple diet.

9. Hellish tippers, 24 hours later.


8. Kayleigh's bloke starts crying again... cheer up, it's party time!


7. Wait! The Real Thing can't spell Charlie Brown's pal.


6. Throwing homework on the fire long before Morrissey... this lady has a unique way of walking.


5. A B C D F J K M N O P Q S U V W X Y Z.

(That may be my favourite clue in the history of Saturday Snapshots.)


4. Pardon self-inflicted wounds in Scotch toun.


3. The Famrun Ningily takes an elevator to the meaning of life. 


2. Unhurried hearsay.


1. Candid landscape painter has not lost his faith.


Answers tomorrow morning!


23 comments:

  1. 5. is Everything But The Girl (great clue) but I don't know which song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missing
      (Yes, great clue!)

      Delete
    2. Ha ha - Just got it - fantastic clue on both counts.

      Delete
  2. 9. What a Difference a Day Makes by Esther Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 is Level 42, but which song>?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 The Kooks She Moves In Her Own Way

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Frank Turner but wouldn't know the song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2. Rumer - Slow. Was thinking it was someone from the 70s but the quality of the shot and the eye make-up made me rethink. A lovely picture of her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think I'm stuck - Can't think of any famous trumpet players who were called the King of Swing but maybe I'm missing the point of the clue.

    As for Kayleigh - I immediately think of Car Share but it could be the one Fish sung about. Or something totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 10 is Louis Prima but the only song of his I know is Just A Gigolo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon you'll know this song.

      Delete
    2. No, but you're heading in the right direction.

      Delete
    3. Besides, Bare Necessities was sung by Baloo, not King Louis.

      Delete
  9. 8. An Emotional Fish - Celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  10. 4. Whiskeytown - Excuse Me While I Break My Own Heart Tonight (from Mrs. Brian)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs B... although if Charity Chic wasn't on holiday, I'm sure he'd have beaten you to that one.

      Delete
    2. That’s exactly what I told her.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...