Saturday 4 May 2024

Saturday Snapshots #342


We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Below are twelve stars of popular music (because I was feeling generous this week), pictured in days gone by. What connects their songs?


12. Flaming satellite. 

11. Sadomasochism for the Original Gangsters.

10. Armenian butcher.

9. Odd LA back-up. 

8. Twice as bright.

7. Greasy lady found in Falkirk.

6. Home security camera rotates more than half way. 

5. Don't mess.

4. Female warrior and bright star. 

3. What Johnny used for small payments.

2. On yer bike, Nicole Kidman!

1. The genuine article.


Answers tomorrow morning!

25 comments:

  1. 10. Those Sputnik boys
    3. Alarm?

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Sigue Sigue. I’ll get my coat.

      JM

      Delete
    2. Sigue, as in the Russian for "burn". And I only learnt that this week.

      Delete
  3. 12. Sputnik!
    10. Kasabian

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is the May the 4th, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed C. Even in a galaxy far far away.

      Delete
    2. The Force is strong in this one.

      Delete
  5. Think I have reached the same conclusion as C. Can you feel the force?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a Star Wars fan - saw the first one when it came out but none of the others - so I won't get most of the references when Rol gives the answers tomorrow. But I do have every record Sandy Denny ever made and I have been trying to work out the connection. Presumably it is "Solo"? Either that or "Chewbacca's In Love", a bonus track on the reissue of "Like An Old Fashioned Waltz".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not up on Star Wars references either and I was thinking maybe it was The North Star Grassman and the Ravens ?!

      Delete
    2. I wondered about that as well. The North Star sounds like it ought to feature somewhere in one of those films.

      Delete
  7. You've seen one more than me Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning (just about)!

    8 is Neon Neon, you can’t mistake Gruff Rhys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...