Friday 10 May 2024

Coffee Break #4: Keep It Hot

Time to put your feet up and enjoy another Friday morning coffee break, starting with one of the many, many bands called The Outsiders that popped up in Namesakes a few weeks back...

The Outsiders - A Cup Of Hot Coffee

I do like my coffee hot. So hot, in fact, that I regularly burn the roof of my mouth. Which can't be good for me. The perfect cup of coffee should be just hot enough to not do that. But no cooler.

Scatman Crothers - Keep That Coffee Hot

Benjamin Sherman Crothers began his musical career as a teenager in the 1930s. He took the name Scatman in reference to his improvisational singing style. Whenever I think of scat singing, I hear Louis Prima singing I Wanna Be Like You, from one of the first albums I ever owned (on cassette), the soundtrack of The Jungle Book. Scatman Crothers wasn't in The Jungle Book, but he did voice another famous cartoon character...

Do you know they only ever made one series of Hong Kong Phooey?

You don't say. 

I find that impossible to believe, since it seemed to be on TV constantly when I was a kid.

You don't say. 

I guess the karate craze didn't last long enough to support a second season.

You don't say. 

(What did he say?

He didn't say.)

Scatman was also the voice of Scat Cat in the Aristocrats...

...and, later, Jazz The Autobot in The Transformers cartoon.

However, the role for which he'll forever be remembered is Dick Hallorann...

Badly Drawn Boy - The Shining

"How'd you like some ice cream, doc?"

I'm with Scatman Crothers: I want my coffee hot and my ice cream cold, not the other way around, thank you...

Side Show - Cold Coffee

The KLF ~ Six Hours to Louisiana Black Coffee Going Cold

And I'm guessing all you tea drinkers feel the same too?


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...