Saturday 21 July 2018

Saturday Snapshots #42




I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor... but I bet you look even better if you've won Saturday Snapshots.

Ten clues below to ten artists and ten popular songs. Do Me Favour and get them all. Don't be a Mardy Bum if you only get Four Out Of Five.


10. Aussie lady is loyal to honey in orbit with Roger, initially.


9. Does Morse's sidekick have enough to buy dinner for Hicks, Murray and Clinton?


8. An old Stone has wood for Morrissey - making it as good as it was in the beginning.


7. Atkinson gets up early to win the Cup.


6. And call the location of a small stream.


5. Scott's bride fails to find herself.


4. Sprint back to the Holy Island.


3. Young Beckham crosses the East River - that's as bad as it gets!


2. Tell Gabriel to take a seat in Italian and celebrate the splendour of amore.


1. Hen sees VD and Lucifer in my loafers.


When The Sun Goes Down... and then comes up again (i.e. tomorrow morning), I'll reveal the answers...


28 comments:

  1. No. 5 Charlene - Never Been To Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typical of course that I had to get that one straight off the bat!

      Delete
  2. 10 Sheila and B Devotion
    Don’t know the song

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6: BECK - Where It's At ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 Shed Seven - Devil in Your Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. #9 ought to be solvable.
    Morse's sidekick= Lewis
    Hicks, Murray and Clinton = William/Bill x3

    ReplyDelete
  6. #9: LunchMoney Lewis - Bills

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3) Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen.
    I swear these are getting harder, Rol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too late to the party, only 7 left. And I can see why, a real head scratcher. So stumped on the picture, resorted to Googling. And I think it's a pic of long-dead minor character actor Louis Jean Heydt, if that helps anyone. It doesn't help me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek. Have I used a mislabelled picture?

      Delete
    2. The internet appears confused when it comes to this pic with some sources labelling it as my guy, others labelling it as yours. However, when I look at other pictures of my guy, he looks pretty much identical to this picture, whereas your guy isn't quite as identical.

      There's a bigger story behind this as I originally used a different pic for this singer only to realise there was rather a big clue in the image. More on that tomorrow.

      Delete
    3. P.S. I thought we established that image searching was banned in this game.

      Delete
    4. Conclusive proof, if proof were needed, that people are better than Google.

      Atkinson made me think of Big Ron. Also no help...

      Delete
  10. 7. Atkinson makes me think of Ron Atkinson and that's as far as I can get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're thinking along the right lines. You will kick yourselves.

      Delete
    2. Bonus clue for #7...

      Prefab Sprout.

      Delete
  11. Faron Young - 4 in the morning?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...