Monday 16 July 2018

Talky Songs #6: Hard Luck Boy


6. Tom Brosseau - Hard Luck Boy

Busy weekend, so a very quick post for you today. Listen to today's talky song because it's a great little story from an artist I've only featured once here before and who doesn't get a lot of exposure (beyond Cerys on 6Music, who seems to be a fan). It's the story of a boy whose mother takes him on a journey to a department store in another town and... well, I won't spoil the ending, but the title gives you a hint. If you like it, I'd recommend checking out the album it came from (Perfect Abandon), although this is the only talky song on there... or its follow-up, North Dakota Impressions, which features another cool talky song that I have featured here before.

Call me cruel, but part of me wants to believe this is a true story. It makes Brosseau a fascinating individual if it is...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...