Sunday 31 March 2019

Saturday Snapshots #77 - The Answers


Every Sunday morning, we discover the Heaven Is A Place On Earth, when the answers to Saturday Snapshots are finally revealed. And I Get Weak when I think about how much hard work you guys put into solving these clues. Sometimes I have an idea which are the hardest ones to guess, but if you'd asked me yesterday I'd have told you that was probably #7 this week... and yet Walter was first in with that yesterday. So what do I know?

I find it increasingly hard to add up the points for this every week, but I'm pretty sure yesterday was a 3-points-each draw between Lynchie & C. I'm sure Lynchie will tell me if I'm wrong. Thank you all for playing, as always.

Here are this week's answers...


10. Policewoman sees scarlet, burgundy and raspberry.


Scarlet, burgundy and raspberry are three colours red.

A policewoman would be a copper girl.

Three Colours Red - Copper Girl

9. Genesis, Chapter 3: where the muffins are docked.


Chapter 3 of Genesis was all about Eve.

Martha & the Muffins dock in a harbour.

All About Eve - Martha's Harbour

8. Eat this while saying sorry to Aretha on her birthday.


When you're sorry, you eat Humble Pie.

Aretha was a Natural Woman. She was born on her birthday.

Humble Pie - Natural Born Boogie

7. Bourne gets burnt by harmless fibs.


I had a student called Jason Bourne. He disappeared under mysterious circumstances. Gone dark, obviously.

Jason & The Scorchers - White Lies

6. The second third Bond enjoys a peach. I-T.


Thank you Alyson for correcting my Bond-counting and reminding me about poor old George Lazenby who appears in my favourite Bond film... yet is probably my least favourite Bond actor. (Although the way Daniel Craig is going, it's like he's trying his best to win that crown.)

Anyway, Roger Moore + Peach Melba =

Melba Moore - This Is It

5. Ludo, Snakes & Ladders, Grand Theft Auto... G.I. Antarctica.


G.I. Joe. Antarctica is in the south.

Joe South - Games People Play

4. Pharmaceutical siblings dancing with dustbin lids.


Johnson & Johnson?

Stomp! is those dustbin lid dancers.

The Brothers Johnson - Stomp!

3. A hind trim for conditional joiners.


A hind trim is an anagram.

Tim Hardin - If I Were A Carpenter

2. William of Cumbria wastes electricity.


Bill in da Carlisle. See?

Belinda Carlisle - Leave A Light On

1. Sour-faced and cut adrift.


A lesser-known Lemonheads tune from their breakthrough album, It's A Shame About Ray, but it was one of my favourites back in the day...



Live Your Life Be Free until next Saturday morning when Saturday Snapshots returns.


4 comments:

  1. Winning's not important to me. Just taking part in the Saturday Snapshots quiz is enough, so whether or not you were wrong not to award me 1st place for this week's quiz is immaterial and you shouldn't worry your pretty little head about it.
    Have you fully recovered from illness? It doesn't seem to have affected your ability to set tough poptastic quizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still snotty, but recovering, thanks.

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed Julianne Regan's vocal on Martha's Harbour, I included the track in my latest post. Got me interested in exploring the album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rol for another great one as ever. As FBCB says, it's not about winning, but certainly gets the adrenalin going as I try desperately to type in one of the answers I might actually know and hurriedly press publish realising that another one of us is likely doing the same thing at the same time... Fingers on buzzers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...