Monday 1 April 2019

U2 Mondays #1: Angels... or Gods?


A new series for Mondays celebrating the Godlike-Genius of the greatest band in the world.

Starring Saint Bono, The Edge, Larry and that other bloke.

Over the next 5245 Mondays I will choose one song a week from the back catalogue - or should I say "Library of Artistry & Wisdom"? - of the most important band of the 20th and 21st Century... starting with this gem from their 1988 pièce de résistance, Rattle & Hum...




More next Monday - your favourites welcome.


UPDATE AFTER 12PM... Yes, this was an April Fool's post. To be fair though, even a stopped clock is right twice a day... and I'm quite partial to Angel of Harlem. I might even be able to stretch to a Top 10 U2 Songs I Can Bear To Listen To... but none of them would be from The Joshua Tree, the most overrated album of all time. In My Humble Opinion. Etc.

7 comments:

  1. Ah Rol, very nice, but your views on U2 are too well known for this to fool many. And how you can talk about this with your tongue so firmly in your cheek, I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, Rol. You had me for a nanosecond, when I first saw just the post title come up in my Reading List, and wondered briefly if you were being deliberately controversial and inviting a debate :-)
    Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checks date and then breathes a sigh of relief

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please, something from their most recent album.
    April Fools!
    I have no idea what the name of that album would be, but I'm sure it's excellent.
    April Fools! OK, I'm done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...