Saturday 13 February 2021

Saturday Snapshots #176


Let's get down to brass tacks, ladies and gentlemen. If I was informed correctly, the clock is ticking, is that right? You better get on and solve these clues to identify ten popular musical stars then. Once you've got the artists, thing of the song subjects they might have in common... and bingo! 

I won't lie though... some of these might be tricky this week. I'm sure you guys are up to the challenge though...


10. My saraband is all tangled up.

9. Single American bell feels wrath over Star Trek.

8. Aah, Roddie, you're so confused.

7. Forbidden fruit for green princess.

6. I swing both ways.

5. Country George in a bad way.

4. Are these your paintings, Constable?

3. Without his cape, he's just an ordinary...

2. Gentlemen prefer Tall Sally.

1. See Jamaica, the moon above... it's a bit of a stretch.


Stay off the Mean Streets till I give you the answers tomorrow morning...


29 comments:

  1. Roads and streets?
    AC/DC Highway to Hell
    Radiohead Street Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you got three artists correct...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Bryan Adam's and Louis Armstrong too. But can I get the link? More coffee ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 is Fiona Apple if that helps RD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah ... is it ... nah, still nothing
      (although I bet it's really obvious)

      Delete
    2. Obviously not. I did say it was a tough one this week.

      Delete
  5. I'd start with Louis if I was trying to work out the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, can't figure out the other artists or the link at all! The world, Rosie, fake plastic trees?... nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time?

    We have all the time in the world (lockdown?).
    Works for AC/DC - Nick Of Time - but the others ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No.

      Do I need to start giving clues?

      (The ACDC song isn't an obvious one, if that helps...)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Mack the Knife for the Louis song?

      Delete
    2. Ah, well done Alyson - sharp as ever!

      Delete
    3. Very good, although I thought I was too late today to get anything.

      Delete
  9. Think you've got it Alyson
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. 5. Dire Straits - Six Blade Knife

    (Good to see a reference to country singer George Strait - or Dodd The God as he's known round our way)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3. is the great Guy Clark - Randall Knife

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be very disappointed if BriN doesn't get #4.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 6 AC/DC Night Of The Long Knives
    8 Radiohead Knoves Out

    That's better (thanks Alyson)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...