Friday 2 June 2023

Self-Loathing Friday #4: The Bells!


Thia is Howell Dawdy, one of many artists I've discovered via my Celebrity Jukebox research, although I did mistakenly call him Howell Dandy in that post (now corrected), because what kind of surname is Dawdy? Anyway, Howell's a very talented musician, and a very funny guy to boot. I've been enjoying his most recent album, Smells Like Love, a lot over the past few months. I like it so much, I want to buy a physical copy... except Howell appears to be one of these new age hipster types who doesn't believe in wasting plastic, so his music is only available digitally. What is the world coming to?


Anyway, this is one of my favourite tunes from Smells Like Love, and it seemed like an appropriate one to revive Self-Loathing Friday with, if only for one week. Product Placement will probably return next week. This is a song about knowing you don't look good... in fact, Howell repeatedly compares himself to a walking corpse (in comparison to his partner who looks like an angel). This is my favourite verse though...

Never takes you long to get ready
And no matter what I do I look like hell
You look like the bell of the ball and I look like
I weathered a fall from the tower where I swing under the bells



Smells Like Love is available (digitally only!) from Bandcamp. Only 8 tracks, but every one's a winner...


1 comment:

  1. This seems worthy of further investigation. To Bandcamp! Cheers Rol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...