Sunday 1 September 2019

Saturday Snapshots #99: The Answers


Turns out there are quite a lot of pictures on the internet featuring Debbie Harry holding a camera. Others have featured here before, but I can't believe it's taken me 99 weeks to find this one.

I think it was a draw this week between Alyson and Lynchie. I'm sure Lynchie will tell me if that's not the case. Thank you for playing, as always.


10. Dustbin wagon brings the fire extinguisher - with an arrogant chat-up line.


There used to be a kid at our school who was particularly scruffy, so everybody called him "Dennis" because that's what it said in the front of the dustbin wagons.


Water, man, that's what puts out fires.

Dennis Waterman - I Could Be So Good For You

I never tire of watching this video. Especially the bit when he uses his charms on the policewoman. Ah, different times.

Oh, by the way. He may have sung the theme tune, but he didn't write it.

9. Wild stallions on Ms. Sod.


Too easy.

The Osmonds - Crazy Horses

8. Anarchist hippy dream of Greasy Yorke.


Sandy was the heroine of Grease.

Thom is a son of Yorke.

Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)

"I was born too late into a world that doesn't care..."

This song might not sound very cool to you, but the lyrics are more relevant than ever.

7. Neckline that goes well with socks. What new parents say to nursery.


V-neck, bobby socks.

Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby

The vocal performance here is astonishing.

6. Beautiful chick.


Babybird - You're Gorgeous

5. Take a sad song and make it better - past time for tara.


The lyrics are from Hey Jude, written about this chap, apparently.

Julian Lennon - Too Late For Goodbyes

4. Cheers barman in our own country.


Woody was the barman in Cheers, obviously.

Woody Guthrie - This Land Is Your Land

3. Like 4; like Sinatra too (almost).


#4. Woody Guthrie, was a folksinger.

Sinatra was, of course, Frank.

That was a tough one. Congrats to Back From The Beach. I couldn't even find it on youtube, so I had to upload it myself.

Phranc - Folksinger

2. Downhill nun meets Fred Astaire.


Sister Sledge - He's The Greatest Dancer

1. Pop Sr. appalled by fly-tipping in the woods.


Still sends shivers down my spine, this song.



Next week: Saturday Snapshots #100. In case you couldn't work that out for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic and difficult clues. I don't know how you do it, but please keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough quiz, I had to leave it to the music aficionados. Enjoyed the Julian Lennon song which is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for continuing to entertain with Sat Snapshots and hope the break from daily blogging is helping you find time for some other things. Being back at work and having recently moved house probably means it'll take a bit of time, but hopefully the walk/write, write/walk routine has begun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...