Saturday 15 August 2020

Saturday Snapshots #149


Ten clues.

Ten artists.

Ten songs.

Go!

10. Every day's the same - no wonder these rogues want to be let into hell!


9. Is there a (half) man present?


8. Touching Paul Rodgers, with sugar.


7. Bedfordshire birds nest for the weekend, on Radiohead's desert island.


6. I am not in either... look in the mirror, as the adverts used to say.


5. No moon after B52 love missile.


4. Scottish wife found in crummy Georgian pub.


3. Donald grew, Dan growled, Rod wangled. But George was all on his own.


2. Seymour's kleptomania exposed.


1. Gemuflect. Pork scratchings and a cuppa.


Answers tomorrow.

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Rol - it's good to be back and give my brain a workout.

      :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Lynchie!

    7 - Leyton Buzzards: Saturday Night Beneath The Plastic Palm Trees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, great to see Lynchie back but forget he always gets in first with the only ones I might have guessed! I'm struggling again this week although I know I should get the one with the lady in the big hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 is Shakatak. Can't stand them and I don't know the song but many moons ago in a pre-punk landscape Mr SDS briefly played with the guitarist (local lad) and I went to school with his sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done - I felt sure the picture was from around 1985 because of the hair/the look so that totally makes sense. Hope that lad and his sister don't stumble upon Sat Snapshots and see that you "can't stand them"! I didn't mind them but wouldn't remember enough of their songs to fit the clue.

      Delete
    2. So right about the hair, it could only come from the '80s!
      And I must say they were nice enough people but I just can't bear the music :-)

      Delete
  5. 9. This clue obviously refers to those Half Men Half Biscuits I keep reading about around the various blogs.

    There is a girl group called The Cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2. Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing

    (Champaign Illinois, fall 1987, I was brought up on the stage to hold a paint bucket for the drummer to keep it from sliding. He beat the hell out of it during the encore. I would recognize that curly mane of his anywhere.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4. Ashley McBryde - A Little Dive Bar in Dahlonega (from Mrs. Brian)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Top work from Mr & Mrs B, leaving just 10 and 6 to get. 6 is a pretty obscure Britpop band. 10 are less obscure, similar genre but about 10 years later.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...